Johnson and Son Bikeworks will begin offering classes in bicycle repair and safe riding techniques this 2016 season. Generally classes will be held Saturday mornings 8:45-9:45.
For a look at upcoming classes that we are running check the “Events” tab under the “Community” heading.
The following is a listing of one hour repair topics:
– Fixing a flat/changing a tire
– Brake adjustment/maintenance
– Shifter/derailleur adjustment/maintenance
– Basic fitting for comfort and performance
– Drivetrain assessment/maintenance
– Wheels bearings/truing
– Headsets and bottom brackets
The following is a listing of safe riding technique classes:
For these rides you will need to bring your bike(or rent one of ours) and wear a helmet. A water bottle is suggested.
– Street cycling basics; ABC quick check, starting, stopping, cadence, scanning, signaling, lane changing and lane positioning.
– Practice on the road session for riders who have taken Street Cycling Basics
– Ride to school basics (a child oriented version of Street Cycling Basics)
I will teach other topics that people are interested in learning. If you are interested in taking a class please call me (Tim) at 518 282 9089 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Saturday mornings are not a good time, I’m open to doing an evening class as well. When I get at least three students signed up for a date/time/topic I’ll notify the students and run the class. The fee for the classes is $5 per person for repair/maintenance classes and no charge for the safe riding techniques classes.